Monday, May 23, 2011

I've been spending my weekend being attached to the Singapore Arts Festival. It was so tiring I swear but in the end it's all worth it.

So day 1, on Sat, all I did was hand out flyers. A really sad thing to do. Cos 99% of the time you'll be rejected. Even if people approach you they'll ask you where to get to somewhere else. But believe it or not, over the course of 3 to 4 hours, I managed to meet 3 of my ex teachers in the vicinity. I didn't know so many are into the arts. Arms suan.

And yesterday, me and Gina planned to be volunteers to be ice cream girls. Easy what, you give free Haagen-Dazs ice cream people sure take one right. And it's true. In the end we gave away approximately 550 tubs of ice cream in 5 hours. The skateboard crowd kept coming back for rounds and rounds of ice cream so in the end we told them it's 1 tub per person. Oh, and we really hated the chef we worked with cos he scolded us for no reason. But he's actually really nice and was just putting on a false front. In the end he gave us leftover fries and cooked up hot dogs for the both of us ($6 each leh). Arms suan legs suan entire body suan.

But those 2 days were truly worth it because of my really supportive bf.

Saturday night he ended work about the same time as I did so he told me to rush and hop on the train so that we could board the same train. Yup so I really did rush and I even pangsehed my own group of friends who were far behind. However when I reached the destination it seemed that he was much earlier than me... with a surprise of bubble tea. He even remembered to leave out the pearls :) The truth was he had already reached and was scouting around for an open bubble tea shop, at 11pm. After finding it he tapped his card again and went back into the MRT station to wait for me. I later found out he didn't eat all day...

The following night I reached the MRT station earlier and kept insisting on waiting for him but he wouldn't let me. So I went to the bus station and waited for my bus. In the end he called me and probably being able to detect the disappointment in my voice, he said he'd find me in 5 minutes with bubble tea. And I was like, "But my last bus comes at 11.17." He did make it back however. At the exact same time as the arrival of the bus. In the end I ignored it and took another bus :) Hehe

I hope I'll be able to give as much as you'll let me take.

No comments:

Post a Comment