Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I just had my first service boot camp training. To say it was grueling is an understatement. I somehow suspect that being a waitress isn't my call at all.

Eh but seriously. Who actually thinks waiting tables is a life purpose?

My day started with someone yelling at me:
"TSK, TSK, TSK, TSK. YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'VE BEEN ATTACKED BY DOGS"

Okay. After that we were taught about all kinds of things related to the F&B service industry. Which wasn't grueling at all, but it got boring.

Though it was already quite torturous having to stand in heels for hours on end. Not cool, and all our backs were hurting.

Then break came, and thank God for that cos it felt like I was going to cut a bitch soon. Like with a steak knife cos it's the sharpest knife used for serving. YES. I finally find the relevance of learning something.

That's when the "fun" began. By "fun", I MEAN IN QUOTATION MARKS. IT'S BOOT CAMP PEOPLE, BOOOOOOOOOT CAMP

Learning to wait tables seemed simple at first, but later as they upped the levels the weight was too much and my arm couldn't even handle holding things any longer. Worst thing was, I was the only one who couldn't survive. I tried, I did. My teammate cheered me on throughout the whole time and continuously said stuff like "YOU CAN, JUST TELL YOURSELF YOU CAN" "don't worry, I'm here for you", resulting in the whole class going AWWWW SO SWEET but I wasn't even paying attention to my surroundings, my arm just couldn't hold out!

(haha thinking back I'm always saved by the tall tanned handsome guy through trying times. lol oops)

Next activity I couldn't participate as well because you had to squat down and carry trays of quantities of building bricks in preparation for serving at banquets.

Wah I swear 4 weeks of boot camp really gonna test my limit, then after that, another 10 weeks of serving. Wish me luck people, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment