Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'M 18!!!!!

hi guise tudae i arm 18 HOORAY

Anyway yesterday was horrible. I quarreled with a friend over text (I brought up something I was unhappy with lolol), cried in the locker room in front of all my female classmates sighsigh. Then some idiot stole my clothes and I couldn't change out of my culinary uniform. Yes. My clothes. Not my phone not my wallet. But I have never worn the shirt before leh, just bought it like the day before or something. Cried again at my luck :(

Skipped the last lecture of the day to look for my missing clothes.

Weirdly enough news of my crying spread throughout the whole lecture theatre.

"Yeeching cry ah?"
"I heard from someone Yeeching cry"
"OMG is Yeeching okay????"

After the lecture ended people came looking for me to see if I was alright. It's kinda heartwarming cus they walked all the way from business school to the culinary academy, an approximate 10-minute walk.

I reminded myself that the day would only get better. And it did.

The whole time prior to yesterday I've been wondering how I should celebrate my birthday. Was probably swayed by people telling me that 18 is a special age etc etc etc. So naturally I expected something more than my previous birthdays. At least something. No way in hell was it going to be like that time when I turned 16, I stayed in school and studied because I had 2 o-level papers the next day

Hmm. WHERE? HOW? Was I going to celebrate it by clubbing? Or stick to the Singaporean trend of bbqs and chalets?

Then my parents told me 18 where got big, since when people celebrate 18 one. You want to celebrate, then celebrate 21 la, where got 18?!

So maybe hmm, keep it simple la.

Then one day we passed by a bar that we pass by often, like even since my kindergarten days, but never notice. A birthday party advertisement caught my mum's eye. So here we are.

The power of advertisement!!!



With ma kc buddies Jayne and Vanessa!!!!





Nicole :)





Gina :)







Jasmine :)


Veronica :)





Eunice :)





Big fat cake!



It's a humongous 2kg. Everyone was going, "Huh the cake so big ah?" Imagine their expression when I said that there wasn't only one cake, but TWO. My dad assumed it wouldn't be enough so he bought an identical one.





With the family :)





With my kc peeps Vanessa Jayne and Marietta!





Jasmine Nicole Eunice Veronica Gina :)



Everyone was laughing at how I blew the candles. I'd shake my head from left to right to ensure that all the flames were put out LOL





Mum








Dad


Father and Mother



Ending off with a toast! Beer is my favourite kind of alcohol. :)

Pricing was reasonable. We got to quote our budget and my dad suggested $20 per person. The manager said $20 was a good price. We'd have like six different types of food and the waitresses would even top them up and pour us drinks! Great service, great food, everything was perfect. The live band was called to sing for me and all my friends loved the ambiance!

$20 leh!! If you order catering at your own venue the pricing would still range around that price, plus you need to book a venue. This place settles the food, the music and the venue!!! And when I walked out the staff still wished me happy birthday SUPER WORTH IT OMG

Mel's Bar & Bistro
2A Kuo Chuan Avenue

As for the presents! I don't really mind not getting one but when I get one I super appreciate it. Among the gifts I got were:

1. A pair of headphones. My old ones were spoilt already so my sis got me a new pair and gave them to me a few days ago

2. A photo in a photo frame from Jayne. It's of us wearing masquerade masks after our prom :)

3. A bejewelled M-shaped keychain to commemorate my new name from Eunice and Veronica

4. 3 boxes of Merci chocolate from Jasmine

5. A Body Shop gift box from Gina. She gave it to me at school cos she forgot she was meeting me at the party again lol! Luckily it wasn't among the lost things.

6. A four leaf clover handmade keychain from my sister's friend. Just in time cos I really need the luck!

7. A lovely exotic necklace from Nicole! Squealed when I saw it haha...

8. A Marks and Spencer floral talcum powder gift set from Marietta! She did mention that she got me a gift that she wouldn't normally get. REALLY SWEET OMG HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

9. And a midnight birthday kiss from .......... who traveled all the way to chat with me till midnight. I'm to expect another present later lol

Alrighty heading down to town cos Vanessa wants me to collect her present for me from her!! And meeting ......... for my birthday surprise and dinner! Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment