Monday, March 28, 2011

Movie Date 27/3

Finally had enough rest after going 2 days without sleep. Why? Yesterday morning I came back from a chalet at 8, then I thought I could sleep the rest of the day when I realised I had a birthday lunch to attend at 11.45. After that I went on a movie date because I felt like watching movie hahaha! So I skipped my sleep for that. Planned to sleep at 10pm but I came home at 11pm. Then for some reason I felt too lazy to sleep (Ya I know, like that also can) so I slept at 1. Not bad okay it's still much earlier than usual.

But I'm not here to talk about that, I'm here to talk about what happened during the movie.

My cousin Kimli had 2 coupons to watch a movie so she asked my sis and I to come along with her. I felt awake all of a sudden. Hahaha.

So yup, chose our movie, went there, realised that the offer's only exclusive to selected movies. So no choice. Since there was a queue behind us I chose...

Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

I turned to my sis and said, "Looks like the kind of movie that you would watch."
She just turned 15 but she'll forever be 8 to me. Hahahahahahhaha.

Walked past the Justin Bieber Never Say Never poster. Kimli and I exchanged glances and laughed. What. Justin Bieber funny what.

I cannot believe it. That audience was particularly high last night. Ya we're watching a kid's movie but actually I could only hear the adults laughing.

Then in the theater the Never Say Never trailer was on. Could hear kids screaming "JUSTIN BIEBER" and it sounded like the whole theater was singing along. Omg. O.M.G.

Then during the real movie, this mum behind us couldn't stop commenting about the movie. I dunno if it's the mum or her son but I'll blame the mum because her son is also her responsibility.

I mean it's okay la if you make super philosophical comments - something worth respecting. But right if you state the obvious everyone's just gonna turn back stare at you and give you the diao face. That's what I did! I'm the "everyone", that is. Not the mum.

For example, the main character, Greg, was called into the art room because his crush was supposedly waiting for him there. So he entered, and his 'crush' was in there, painting with her back facing him. He kept calling her name but she didn't answer. The woman behind us repeatedly said, "Fake. Fake one. F-A-K-E, fake." So enlightened!!!!
We don't need to read the book we also know.

Apart from that, the audience was very very enthu. It's like all of a sudden the whole theater would start roaring and Kimli, Weiching and I would exchange looks and laugh at people laughing.

I could mainly hear the adults laughing because generally adults laugh louder. (Another very enlightening fact.) Especially during this scene when Greg was pranked into sitting on a candy bar inside the car and it looked like he had poop on his pants. So the dad took him out of the car and wiped Greg's pants with a lot of force and speed. And the dad's face expression was like... Also that scene was taken from the front view so it looked very sexual and sick. Obviously the kids weren't the ones who laughed the loudest...

My verdict of the movie is that the movie was okay, not too bad but not excellent either. The real entertainment came from the audience actually. Maybe the woman behind us has the potential of a narrator... who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment